Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Venice and Halloween

I am subscribed to GOOP. I really couldn't tell you why. I keep telling myself that it's because I want to have a more well rounded  body of disdain to feel for Gwen, but in reality I just enjoy it. She eats macrobiotic (whatever the fuck that is) food, travels to beautiful locales and has a wardrobe my tiny mortal brain couldn't even dream up. She's kind of a big deal. 

For those of you who don't know what GOOP is, get with the fucking program and drink the kool-aid. It's Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle/world domination blog. And it's kind of a big deal, too. So why do I bring it up? Because her most recent blog is about a recent trip to Venice for the Italian premiere of her new movie, "Contagion".

 The thing is, it's described as the most decadent and lavish weekend ever. I have never been so envious of a person in my whole life. She said the actual premiere was held at a place called the Sala Grande. I Google Images searched it and came up with the picture below. But the picture's caption stated that the picture was from a place called "The Venice School of San Rocco". And this is the Venice School of San Rocco:



So, "Sala Grande" means "The Great Hall" in Italian. I don't necessarily believe she wants people to think she had her premiere at the place below. I just think she's a pretentious dick. 


On an unrelated side note, I got a new book. I know. It's a fetish. This one is about a woman who has just been granted a candidacy at Harvard for a doctorate in early American colonialism. Her mom is an aging liberal hippie douche and talks her into selling her late grandmothers estate outside of Salem. She does and apparently finds some grand connection between her family line and the witch trials. I don't know, I haven't gotten that far yet. It's a perfect book to read before Halloween, though. My favorite holiday.

American Horror Story starts tonight at 10pm on FX. I am super excited. I am loving Hollywood and it recent trend towards the paranormal and supernatural. One thing we can undoubtedly thank "Twilight" for. I am not saying that analysis is based on facts. But c'mon....c'mon. 

No comments: