Friday, October 7, 2011

Autumn Pictorial

Autumn: 23 September - 22 December 

I know this is kind of a dorky concept. Pictorials on Autumn are for Midwestern scapbookers and New England housewives. Maybe I am becoming the former.I have always loved Autumn. Not just loved, but felt invigorated by the season.


Wu-men Hui-k'ai said that "Spring comes with flowers, Autumn with the moon, Summer with the breeze, Winter with the snow. When idle concerns don't fill your thoughts, that's your best season."  My cynical brain reads it as slightly like a Jr. High Myspace quiz. You know what I mean. "What does your favorite color say about you?", or "What kind of mythical creature would you be?" (That one is actually pretty good. I am going to have to do that later.) But it doesn't make it any less true. Autumn with the moon. Even in Wu-Men's time, they understood the subtleties of Autumn. Autumn and the moon. Seemingly unrelated. But it's a perfect marriage. What is it about this season that is so perfect?

I found a lot of cool pictures I thought about posting, like the anatomy of a hand turkey. That takes away from it, though. I want to leave my impression of Autumn. So here it is. The things that come to mind when I think about my best season.


  















No comments: