Thursday, September 8, 2011

Marble Hornets; I Just Shat Myself

Couldn't sleep a few nights ago so I came to my computer at about 3:30 in the morning and began to wander the vast and strange beauty that is called internet. I came across this image on a image macro site.


I immediately looked it up. I am sorry I ever did. In the past couple days, my relationship with "Marble Hornets" has gone from non-existent to borderline obsessive. If you haven't seen it, don't do it. Seriously. It disturbed me to my core. I love horror movies and series, but this literally brought tears to my eyes. Here's the link: Don't click it .

It reminds me of "Paranormal Activity" or "The Blair Witch Project" except not retarded. My favorite part about it is that it spans beyond it's one YouTube channel. The series also has a Wiki page, a Twitter account, a forum dedicated to decoding and speculation, numerous spin off videos and series, a creepy uploader with cryptic messages and many blogs. It's very interactive and gives the viewer an added sense of dread and realism.

It centers around the uploader named J. The basic plot is:


"When a film student decides to look through the tapes of a canceled project his friend Alex had directed, and he had participated in, he discovers that his friends have been stalked by a paranormal entity known as the Operator and decides to get himself involved." (via imdb) 


The operator, is this guy: 




This show is also filled with code, hidden images and such. Much like Lost. Time and space is altered and videos are released out of order. The uploaders character isn't even exactly sure about the timeline in season 2.


The show is intense. If you want to watch it, I would do so on the wiki page, as the actual YouTube channel has adverts on it. The newest video just came out this morning. Enjoy!


I am done with the plugging.   

No comments: