Monday, September 5, 2011

The Sims Social or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Internet


This is the game that has single handedly taken me away from my self imposed blogging duties. I have no need for your mortal emotions anymore. I am more than Man. I am Sim.

Seriously, these Facebook games are addictive. I find myself checking on Ellie every few hours and I can't leave the house for too long if I know my pumpkins will need harvesting. Sad, I know. But I am level 13. That means something, right? It's a false sense of identity and accomplishment. I know it's all bullshit, but it's designed to keep people coming back for more, and guess what? It works. I had to stop playing "Frontierville" for the same reason. My addictive personality switched on and I found myself on there at every opportunity, almost giving my credit card number and soul to Zynga. And yet here I am again, taking only this brief break from playing to tell the inter-webs about my playing. 

On an unrelated note and completely lazy segue, Labor Day is today. Summer is officially over. Now for the amaze-balls that is fall.  

I believe it's time to check on my pumpkins. 

No comments: